Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thank you for your visit to my blog.

If you are visiting for the first time.  Or maybe you are a return guest.  Thank you for your visit.  Please know that I am not formally trained in psychology, psychiatry or any mental health discipline.  I am a mother who has experienced the onset and early patterns of what I now know to be Bipolar with Borderline Personality Disorder and it's related nuances in my daughter.  I wanted to be a mother with all of my heart and soul.  When this little girl came into my world 19 years ago, I was a young mother and very dialed into her from the moment I first laid eyes on her.  I knew almost from birth there was something a little different about her.  But as a young, naive mother, I brushed those instincts aside..at least until they resurfaced with each stage of her development.

Some of you will be curious.  This blog is in fact very honest and real.  Please be respectful as this is not taboo and the subject of this blog is a real person just trying to thrive in this life just as we all are.  Mental illness is not to be taken lightly, and requires a great deal of maturity, compassion and patience of the care givers to deal with.  Maturity, compassion, dignity and respect is expected of those who sincerely wish to learn more about it.

My message for you is this.  If you find yourself with a child, sibling, friend or are in some way personally touched by what you read here.  Please know that you must not feel embarrassed to talk about it.  If you are a parent with a particularly challenging child, please seek professional, trained help for that child.  It is not fair to the child or to you and your family to simply push it aside.  Understand that it does not always mean that you must medicate your child.  If you've read this blog, you've seen my own struggles with medication.  I prefer a  more holistic approach to life.  In some situations, that is not what is best for the person in need.  You must put your own biases aside and realize that you should never be upset that your child needs medication, you should be more upset that your child did not get the treatment they really need to thrive in this life.  Your child deserves to experience the treatment necessary to help him/her to lead a happy, healthy, full and productive life.  These children/people need the ones who love them most to set them on the path they deserve to be on and the one intended for them.  These children/people have incredible gifts to give the world.  The opportunities are there for them to thrive.  Love your child by getting them the help they need and deserve.

My daughter is a living example of how the right help and perseverence can turn turmoil into tremendous success.  She is thriving in her life now.  She is an incredible force of life.  Don't think for a minute that it was easy or will be for you.  There is no one right solution.  We are all individuals wired differently.  It will be a long road.  But the most rewarding and enlightening one you will ever be on in your life.

Please feel free to comment or message me privately.

1 comment:

KBordelon said...

Please feel free to message me in private. You can send me an email to ADelicateMindMom@gmail.com.

I would be happy to review and consider your offer to guest blog.

Thank you for your interest and as always, your support.