Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Living for today.

So happy to report today that Lynn is still doing well on her new medication, Abilify. No side effects have presented themselves as of yet...keeping my fingers crossed. She will come home this weekend for Mother's Day and stay over Monday to see her psychiatrist. Could this be a new wonderful chapter in Lynn's life? What timing! Just as she begins the summer before her high school years. I am actually looking forward to being with her this summer. Summers are usually dreaded. The nonstop constant togetherness combined with her boredom in the previous years was always a recipe for a perfect storm. For this reason, I always have had her very scheduled with summer camps and various activities. However, I was simply pushing her off to others to deal with her constant shifts in attitude and moods. More on this in a future blog.

For now, I am looking forward to seeing her this Friday afternoon. We will pack my car up with many of her belongings that she will need to take home for the summer.

Check back for an update on how this weekend goes and what her doctor has to say on Monday.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: